CodeTogether for VS Code Installation Guide
Installing the CodeTogether Extension
CodeTogether requires VS Code 1.44 or higher. You have two options when installing the CodeTogether extension:
- Install via the VS Code marketplace listing.
- Download the VSIX file from the CodeTogether download page and add the file in VS Code.
Installing the VSIX file in VS Code
If you choose to download the VSIX file, complete these steps to add the CodeTogether extension to Visual Studio Code.
- In VS Code, select View > Extensions.
- Click the command drop-down [. . .] and select Install from VSIX, or select Extensions: Install from VSIX from the Command Palette.
- Select the downloaded .vsix file and click Install. A notification displays when installation is complete.
- Start collaborating! See the CodeTogether Getting Started Guide for details.
Starting and Stopping a Session
To start a CodeTogether session, use
Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+P to bring up the command palette and select the CodeTogether: Start Sharing command.
When the session starts, the URL you can use to invite others to the session is automatically copied to your clipboard. In case you lose the URL, you can use the CodeTogether: Invite command to copy the URL to the clipboard at any time.
Use the CodeTogether: Stop Sharing command to end the session. You can also click the CodeTogether status bar item to manage your session.
For more information, see the Getting Started Guide.