CodeTogether Plans & Pricing
No credit card needed
Per user, billed annually3
Free 30 day trial!
Team-focused live coding from anywhere via the internet, across IDEs or browsers.
Additional plans available6
Free 45 day trial!
Roll out CodeTogether internally and keep your source 100% behind your firewall. FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does CodeTogether protect my data?
CodeTogether utilizes a number of measures to safeguard your code. Regardless of which plan you choose, CodeTogether uses end-to-end encryption to protect your data from unauthorized access.
When you use CodeTogether on the Cloud, our edge servers route the source payloads; however, the encryption key is never shared with our server. Only necessary functional requests are relayed to host systems, resulting in more performant sessions and reducing the amount of source code that is transferred between systems. You get peace of mind knowing that the source remains on your system and is never transferred to our servers or any remote repository.
When you use CodeTogether On-Premises, you’ll be able to deploy your own instance of CodeTogether on your intranet. Your data never needs to traverse the Internet, unless you want it to. And if you use regional edge servers, CodeTogether uses a session locator to ensure optimal server locations are used.
Refer to CodeTogether Security for additional details on how we keep your code safe.
2. Can I add more participants or host longer sessions on the Free plan?
We realize that many companies have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. To help facilitate remote development during this difficult time, we will not enforce limits on the number of participants or the length of sessions until June 1, 2021.
3. Do you offer a monthly plan?
Yes, we also offer monthly billing for $10.50 per month per team member.
4. What advanced functionality do I get?
The following features are only available to team members:
- Write-access to terminals—All participants can view the host’s terminals; however, only team members have write access to the terminal. The host always determines which participants have access to terminals.
- Team-focused UI—The CodeTogether view now includes a nice overview of all of your teams and remote sessions, allowing you to quickly add a new team, join an existing team, or join a remote session. Plus, with just a click of the mouse you can ask other team members to join a session or even start a new one.
- Added security—You have the option to add an extra level of security by only allowing team members to join a session. Even if you allow non-team members to join a session, you can prohibit them from driving or editing files.
5. What is the difference between joining directly or with a URL?
Team members have the option to join directly from the CodeTogether view or using the session URL. As long as the team member is logged in, they will have access to all features, including advanced functionality.
If you choose, you can allow non-team members to join for free via the session URL. Non-team members will not have access to advanced functionality. In addition, you can restrict edit access to non-team members so they remain in an observation mode only.
6. Can I tailor an On-Premises plan to meet my needs?
Yes, we understand different organizations have different needs and offer a variety of pricing levels. If your organization requires a greater number of sessions/users than our starter plan offers, we offer additional plans as shown below. To get a quote or make a purchase, contact us.
|Active Sessions||Connected Users||Price per Year|
Single company usage; within one organizational unit; installation on a single node-locked Linux server